- Name, address, phone number, and e-mail address
- Institution name, location, major/minor, and degree received
- Number of credits earned if you have not received your degree
- Current and former employers
- Dates of employment
- Position title held at various employers
- Reason for leaving
- Complete your profile once you have registered.
- You MUST select at least one job for which to apply.
- You CANNOT submit a general resume to the City.
- Your online employment application may take an hour or more to complete.
- Press the Save button periodically as you advance through the application. This saves a draft of your application and prevents you from starting over in case of a system problem. The system WILL time out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- The system CAN accept the following file types to upload a resume: Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Text (.txt), or PDF (.pdf). Applicants using a public access computer (at a Mesa Public Library or in the Human Resources lobby at 20 E Main Street) CAN upload a resume from CD/DVD, or USB.
- You MUST press the Accept & Submit button in order to complete the application process; the Save button DOES NOT complete the application process. Once you press the Accept & Submit button, you CANNOT edit/revise your application for the same employment opportunity.
- All on-line applications must be submitted by the closing date.
- You CAN print a copy of your completed application for your records.
- You will receive a system generated email when your application has been received.
Don't have a computer at home?
To apply online for the City of Mesa, you will need an e-mail address, User ID and a password of (at least 6 characters) as a security code for your application. Make a note of your email address, User ID, and password as these are required to apply for current and future career opportunities and get updates on testing (as applicable) and other communication about the status of your application. Free computer access can be found at the following resources:
Finding a Job
- You may view employment postings without registering; however, to save job searches or apply for any employment posting, you MUST register.
- Start by creating your profile.
- If you are a returning applicant (you registered with the online system prior to July 13, 2009) and no longer have the same e-mail address, you MUST register as a new applicant.
- Verify that you meet the minimum qualifications for an employment posting BEFORE submitting an application; click the job title link to see the employment posting.
- Non-City employees ARE NOT eligible for Promotional career opportunities.
- For information on how to create a NeoGov account, please refer to Create Your Account Here.
NEOGOV Online Application Tool FAQs
Forgot your NeoGov password?
If you have already created a NeoGov account but cannot remember your password, please click on I Forgot My Password.
Always use the "Return to Previous Page" link or the Previous and Next links located at the bottom of the screen to navigate back and forth. Do not use the Back button unless you have saved information on each application page prior to use of the Back button or it will not retain information not yet saved.
How do I complete an online application?
For information on how to apply online for a job, please refer to the Online Employment Application Guide [PDF].
How do I save my information?
If at any time you need to exit out of the application form, click the "Save" button at the bottom of the form. All of the information that you have input up to that point will be stored. You can return to your application later by logging into your account with your Username and Password.
How do I move between steps?
The application steps appear in order at the left sde of the screen to allow you to move back and forth between steps of the application. Click on a step to go to that step. After you complete a step, you will be taken to the next step, and the new step's link will become clickable.
How do I move between sections?
The section navigation bar appears at the side of the form. Click a section name to go to that section.
How do I edit information I've already entered?
Click on a step at the side of the page to go to that step. Once you are in the section select the "Edit" button with the pencil on the upper right corner of the section box. The information will be displayed for you to edit, but remember to click the "Save" button after you've made your changes.
How do I delete information I've already entered?
You can delete a completed piece of information by clicking the 'Remove' link at the bottom of the section.
- Every effort will be made to process your application in a timely manner. The selection process ensures a very thorough review of all applications to determine those who meet the minimum requirements for this position. Due to the large number of applications received for most positions and the thoroughness of the screening process, the review and response to applications requires up to four weeks to complete.
- If you are invited to a testing process and might require reasonable accommodation to participate, please advise the Human Resources Office at the time you are contacted.
- The City of Mesa considers each applicant for City employment only on the basis of his or her qualifications for the job and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, disability, national origin, or any other non-job-related factor.
- Communications from the City of Mesa regarding your employment application and/or status WILL be sent to you via e-mail from email@example.com. You may need to adjust your spam blocker to ensure that you receive these emails.
- Once you have submitted an online application with the City of Mesa, it WILL remain in the system for three (3) years, and you can review and modify the information previously submitted to apply for other position openings.
- The City of Mesa On-line Application System may be down at times for maintenance and/or other technical support issues. If you are unable to access the on-line system, please try again at another time. For planned outages, the City of Mesa WILL post information on its website.
- If you forgot your password, use the "I Forgot My Password" link. The system WILL send an e-mail with a instructions on how to reset your password.
- Date fields located in the on-line application must be entered in the same format as listed in each of the fields (Example. DD/MM/YYYY - 08/30/2009 for August 30, 2009).
- Verify the accuracy of the information listed in your application before submitting to Human Resources. For example, if the wrong year is given for a previous employer, your application could be screened out due to not meeting the required years of experience.
- Human Resources can only screen applications based on the information provided. If pertinent information is omitted from the application, you run the risk of having your application pulled from the process. For example, don't assume that the person screening your application will know the details of your job responsibilities based on job title alone.
- Be sure to include all past employers on your application.
- Remember, the amount of experience, and the way you describe it as it relates to the position for which you apply, is very important.
- Do not include an employer's name on the supplemental questionnaire without first having listed that employer under the work history section of the application. Without the details (supervisor's name, date of employment, reason for leaving, etc.), Human Resources would not be able to verify your information.
- Refer to the job announcement when completing the employment application. Compare your education and experience against the listed qualifications. If you have performed similar duties to those on the employment posting, make sure your application indicates the duties you have performed which match those listed on the employment posting.