20 E Main Street
Mesa, AZ, 85201
Hours of Operation
Who We Are
Purchasing reports to the Business Services Director and is key in providing City wide procurement services. In 2016, the National Purchasing Institute honored Mesa's Purchasing Division with the "Achievement of Excellence in Procurement" award for the twelfth consecutive year. This prestigious award recognizes organizational excellence in public procurement and is awarded to those organizations that meet criteria designed to measure innovation, professionalism, e-procurement, productivity and leadership. We focus on delivering the highest quality of service and value our partnerships with vendors, contractors, employees, supervisors and managers. We continually seek new ways to improve our services and satisfy the needs of our customers.
The City of Mesa Purchasing Division acquires quality materials and services for City Departments in a timely and cost effective manner, providing the resources they need to perform their jobs, while maintaining an open and competitive bidding environment.
Our vision is to be leaders in the field of public procurement and strategic sourcing, bringing value and efficiency to each procurement while at the same time operating within City policy, statute and sound business practices.
- Accountability - Taking ownership and being responsible to stakeholders for our actions...essential to preserve the public trust and protect the public interest.
- Ethics - Acting in a manner true to these values...essential to preserve the public's trust.
- Impartiality - Unbiased decision-making and action...essential to ensure fairness for the public good.
- Professionalism - Upholding high standards of job performance and ethical behavior...essential to balance diverse public interests.
- Service - Obligation to assist stakeholders...essential to support the public good.
- Transparency - Easily accessible and understandable policies and procedures...essential to demonstrate responsible use of public funds.